(Not) in the news this week
by Amit Katwala, writing from London
1. Newcastle fans are outraged as owner Mike Ashley spends the proceeds from Andy Carroll’s sale to Liverpool on a 40 foot solid gold statue of himself outside St. James’ Park, flabby arms outstretched like the Angel of the North (above).
2. Liverpool announce plans to re-sign Craig Bellamy, forming a formidable attacking trio in combination with Gerrard and Carroll. Unfortunately they end up doing more attacking off the pitch then on it. Nightclub patrons of the North-West, beware!
3. Car-crashing, injured player-taunting, spitting machine El-Hadj Diouf cuts short his loan move to Rangers, reportedly because the citizens of Glasgow were a bit too rough for him to handle.
4. Not deterred by constant rejection during January, Harry Redknapp redoubles his efforts to sign everyone in the world by offering disgraced ex-Sky TV pundit Andy Gray a second chance as a player. Redknapp said: “I’d like to see how he gets on with this modern ball. Maybe he’ll try a few headers from 30 yards.”
Sadly, no such opportunity is offered to Gray’s former colleague, Richard ‘Do me a favour love’ Keys, who takes up a job as a window repairman to make ends meet. “Did you smash it?”
31 Notes/ Hide
- echangiste likes this
- thegreatclintdempsey likes this
- goonerinmontreal likes this
- bearderic likes this
- aahimself reblogged this from afootballreport
- aahimself likes this
- bnchino likes this
- rusydinaidris reblogged this from afootballreport
- rusydinaidris likes this
- unknown-philosopher reblogged this from afootballreport
- scruffylookingnerfherder reblogged this from cheekychip
- afootballreport reblogged this from cheekychip and added:
- afootballreport likes this
- cheekychip posted this